INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
The establishment Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) by accredited institutions (after the
first cycle) is a major step in pushing long-term quality standards. IQAC in any institution is a
significant administrative body that is responsible for all quality matters. It is the prime
responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to
increase the quality of the education imparted in an institution. IQAC of our college established
in 08.06.2007 to enhance quality standards in teaching, learning and evaluation and to upgrade
the quality of the college.
- In terms of UGC Regulations 2018, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-
Keeping Cell, including assistance in the development of the Performance Based
Appraisal System (PBAS).
- Through IQAC, PBAS is implemented at regular intervals and it is maintained
confidentially. PABS submission is made through HOD, Dean, Vice Principal and
Principal to the Management.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic
and administrative activities of the College.
- Creating a learner-centric environment and motivating towards quality education by
equipping faculty to adopt the knowledge of ICT for participatory teaching and learning
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on
quality-related institutional processes.
- Propagation of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related
themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the programmes organised / activities of the college, leading to quality
- Acting as a nodal department for coordinating quality-related activities, including
adoption and dissemination of best practices such as conducting study circle, research
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of
maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Improvement of Quality Culture in the College
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR), to be submitted to NAAC.