INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
The establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) by accredited institutions (after the first cycle) is a major step in pushing long-term quality standards. IQAC in any institution is a significant administrative body that is responsible for all quality matters. It is the prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in an institution or college. The role of IQAC in maintaining quality standards in teaching, learning and evaluation becomes crucial, and the present research is therefore undertaken on a smaller scale to determine the exact status and functioning of IQAC and its outcome.
- In terms of UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping Cell, including assistance in the development of the Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS).
- Through IQAC, PBAS is implemented and at regular intervals the same is confidentially maintained. PABS submission is made through HOD, Dean, Vice Principal and Principal to the Management.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the College.
- Creating a learner-centric environment and motivating towards quality education by equipping faculty to adopt the knowledge of ICT for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Propagation of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the programmes organised / activities of the college, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal department for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices such as conducting study circle etc.,
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Improvement of Quality Culture in the College
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR), to be submitted to NAAC.