Srimad Andavan Arts and Science college offers a unique opportunity to work in a global environment and engage the students with energetic, driven, and talented people who aim to innovate, educate and succeed. Being a part of the SAASC, the community ensures an array of promising and challenging job opportunities. The placement cell strives to respond to the needs of the students empowering them to become employable. Various large and medium sized companies visit our campus regularly to recruit our students.
The placement cell strives to respond to the needs of the students empowering them to become employable.
The key responsibilities of the cell is:
- To organize campus interviews for final year students with industries and business houses of repute from all over India.
- To prepare students to face campus interviews by arranging training in Aptitude tests, group discussions, preparing for Technical and HR interviews through professional trainers and through SAASC alumni.
- To promote career counseling by organizing guidance lectures by senior corporate personnel and most importantly by the immediately placed senior students.
- Nurtures Industry Institute interaction, by organizing and coordinating frequent industrial visits, inplant training and projects of industrial relevance for the students, with the sole aim of zeroing down the hiatus between the industry and the academia.
- Receives and forwards the feedback pertinent to curriculum improvement from the visiting companies to the faculty, to ensure that the curriculum follows the latest industrial trends.
- Helps every student define his/her career interest through individual expert(Micro Level) counseling.
- Makes available updated database and job profile of the companies and thus helps each student analyze and choose company of his/her interest.
- Organizes and coordinates Campus Placement Program, to fulfill its commitment of a job to every aspirant.
Over the years, the cell has maintained cordial, vibrant and purposeful relationship with Industries across the country and as a result, has built up an impressive placement record both in terms of percentage of registered students placed, as well as the number of companies visiting the campus.
Placement Process for the students
- Placement process for the students(final UG & final PG) starts about three months ahead of the final semester.
- Companies provide necessary data through Job announcement form.
- The same is studied and a formal communication is sent out by e-mail.
- A mutually convenient date and time for Induction/ Pre-Placement Talk (PPT) followed by selection process is fixed.
- Visit is announced to the students along with the date as given in Job announcement form.
- Interested and eligible students apply both on-line and by registering their names with the cell.
- Company confirms travel plan a week before the allocated visit date.
- The selection list is announced once the company finalizes.
- Students sign the offer letter and a copy is forwarded to the company.
The Cell has consistently been setting records and breaking them over the past several years. The latest was with close to 500 job opportunities made by various large and medium sized companies to recruit our students.
|YEAR||WORK SHOP||GUEST LECTURES / SEMINARS||CAMPUS INTERVIEW||JOB FAIR||NO. OF PLACEMENTS OFFERED|
|PLACEMENTS FOR THE YEAR 2016 –17|
|Date of the Interview||Name of the Company||No of Students Attended||No of Students Placed|
|31.08.2016 & 15.09.2016||Energy Soft Solutions||250||10|
|29.09.2016I||IDBI Federal Life Insurance Company||400||75|
|03.01.2017 & 04.01.2017||TCS (Off Campus)||25||2|
|17.01.2017||CMS IT Services||62||34|
|25.01.2017||ICICI Prudential Life Insurance||184||20|
|23.02.2017||Winners Education Pvt Ltd||47||11|
|27.02.2017||Indian Health Care||248||20|
|16.03.2017||TCS – Reninfo||220||2|
Why recruit at SAASC
Srimad Andavan Arts and Science College, Tiruchirappalli, situated in the heart of Tamil Nadu on the banks of river Cauvery, was started during 1996 with a view to catering to the needs of man-power in technology for the Country. With students drawn from upcountries and faculty recruited through open advertisement throughout the State.