- Academic Calendar
- Minutes of Meeting
INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
- In terms of UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping Cell, including assistance in the development of the Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS).
- Through IQAC, PBAS is implemented and at regular intervals the same is confidentially maintained. PABS submission is made through HOD, Dean, Vice Principals and Principal to the Management.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the College.
- Creating a learner-centric environment motivating towards quality education and equipping faculty to adopt the knowledge of ICT for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Propagation of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the programmes organised / activities of the college, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal department for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices such as conducting study circle etc.,
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Improvement of Quality Culture in the College
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR), to be submitted to NAAC.
Srimad Andavan Arts & Science College, right from inception has been rendering educational service and catering to the weaker sections of the society since two decades. The institution has transgressed several milestones. It is accredited with 'A' grade by NAAC in 2007, just 10 years of establishment and reaccredited with 'A' grade in 2013 and also obtained the fresh status of autonomy from the UGC. The IQAC was established after the first accreditation by NAAC in 2007, as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since its establishment the IQAC has been involved in the improvement of the quality sustenance of the institution. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for unswerving and catalytic improvement in the performance of the college. The IQAC makes a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC channelizes the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic excellence. IQAC has been a suggestive body to the management on the provision of staff and student support services. IQAC also organizes Faculty Development Programmes in campus and also motivates staff to attend such programmes organized by reputed institutions. The management is receptive to the suggestions (benchmarks) of IQAC and implemented them - like establishment of research center, installation of smart projectors, creation of official email id etc. The IQAC, functions with great zeal to enhance the quality of the institution in all spheres. The IQAC newsletter, collectively presents the efforts of the institution towards academic excellence. We are sure that with the grace of Divya Dampathi of Srirangam and the blessings of our founder His Holiness Srimad Andavan Swamigal, all our endeavours will be successful. It is sure that in the forth coming years we will attain the pinnacle of excellence in the field of higher education.
OBJECTIVE OF IQAC
- To ensure that the education offered is highly effective and makes the students employable.
- To assess the functioning of all departments (academic and administration) & provide necessary suggestions for the betterment of performance.
- To collect data and information on various aspects of institutional functioning and the individuals.
- Promotion of inculcating values in students.
- Equipping the members of faculty using ICT (Information & Communication Technology).
FUNCTIONS OF IQAC
- To assess the functioning of all the departments (academic and administration).
- To provide necessary suggestions for the betterment of performance of the departments.
- To file data on various aspects of departmental functioning and the individuals.
- To provide staff and student support services.
- To promote the use of Information & Communication Technology.
- To Install and sensitize the automation in variety of fields.
- To scrutinize the Research proposals before applying the project to the funding agencies.
- To compile the News letter and Magazine of the college.
- To organise internal workshops this enhances the quality of both the teaching & learning.
- To develop a sustained quality system to improve the academic and administrative performance of the college.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement imbibing quality culture and best practices.
- Academic Administrative Audit(AAA) with External Experts
- Student Feedback on College & Staff (Mode: Online)
- Faculty Development Programmes (including ICT Training) and Educational Leadership Programmes, Skill Development Programmes for Students & Staff Members.
- Departmental committee meetings, Student Adoption Programme.
- Seminars/Workshops on Quality Enhancement and Sustenance related themes
- Automation of IQAC.
ANNUAL QUALITY ASSURANCE REPORT (AQAR)
|1||Shri. CA. Ammangi V.Balaji
Secretary and Correspondent, SAASC
Director – Academic Affairs, SAASC
Asst. Professor & Head, Department of Library and Information Science
Asst. Professor, Department of Management
Asst. Professor, Department of Mathematics
Assistant General Manager
|8||Ms. G.Anjana Gayathri
City Union Bank, Chennai.
Head, Department of Chemistry & Dean - IQAC
Gandhi Gram University, Gandhigram, Dindigul
|10||Dr. G.A. Pathanjali,
|11||Ms. Chitra Vijayakumar,
|1.||IQAC Committee Meeting||End of the Academic year|
|2.||Meeting with Members of MQC||Frequently when it is needed|
|3.||Teaching Plan||To be prepared before the commencement of the semester and updated after the execution|
|4.||Department NEWS LETTER||To be submitted bi-annually|
|5.||Feedback from Alumni||During Alumni Meet and Graduation Day|
|6.||Annual Academic Audit and Stock Taking||Internal - Conducted once in a year
External – Once in Two years
|7.||Student Feedback||Collected Annually in the months of January – February|
|8.||Feedback from Parents||On the day of Parents-Teachers’ meet|
|9.||Appraisal of Staff||Submission through HOD, Dean, Vice Principals and Principal to the Management|
|10.||Evaluative Report||Each department submits annually|
|11.||ISO Audit||Internal and External|
|12.||Departmental committee Meeting||Once in a semester|
|13.||SAP meet||Once in a month|
|14.||AQAR Submission||In the month of August.|
|15.||Seminar on Quality related themes||In the month of February|