To instill scientific temper among students with an endeavor to create world class microbiologists and to achieve reputation as a leading and referral institute in knowledge and research in the field of Microbiology.
Department of Microbiology strives toward excellence in teaching, research and professional services through cutting edge technologies in microbiology.
Imparting quality and skill based education combined with ethical values.
Catering the present day needs and challenges in Academics, Research, Industry, Health care and Society.
Providing free consultancy on organic farming to farmers for promoting greater awareness and appreciation of organic farming.
Name of course
B Sc Microbiology
Aug 2002 (Provisional)
2012 (Ref No. 04598/D4/2012)
- Master of Microbiology
- Ph.D. in Microbiology
SPArC – (Sree Paduka Agro Consultants)
Providing consultancy services to farmers and young entrepreneurs with a social outlook, and here are a few details :
- Production and training on vermi composting.
- Production and training on Azolla cultivation.
- Production and Training on mushroom cultivation.
- Establishing GREEN HOUSE.
- Production and Cultivation Spirulina.
- Annual Health (HB and BMI) camp for students and staff.
- Industrial visits (Half yearly) to impart awareness on applied microbiology
- Joint annual National seminar "Herbal Focus" by Life sciences Departments.
- Training, consultancy services on Terrace garden
- Tri Annual farmers meet on sustainable and profitable organic farming methods
- Training, mass production and sales of Vermicompost, Mushroom, Spirulina and Azolla
- "Mosaic minura" an association of our department that invites resource person’s from other institutes to enhance the knowledge of our students.
- Organizing Annual State level inter collegiate contest “Microgalaxy".
- Providing out sourcing services for student projects at affordable cost
- Maintenance and sales of microbial cultures through our "Germplasm culture collection center"