To enrich knowledge of plant kingdom through need based teaching and practical approach.
To occupy a prominent place amongst the most eminent botanical institutions of the nation.
To upgrade the department by introducing PG.
To obtain research status.
Department of botany was established under the Graduate programme in the year 2010 with the provisional affiliation by Bharathidasan university. In 2011,the Academic year started with the admission of two students and gradually increased to the total strength of 71 in the year 2016.
We got our permanent affiliation in the academic year 2016 from Bharathidasan university Trichy. With this achievement our nearest goal is to introduce PG and Research department of Botany in the next academic year.
Name of the Department
Year of Establishment
Names of programmes/Courses 0ffered
Number of teaching posts
Student teacher radio
Number of academic support staff (technical)
Centrifuge water bath, hot plate, dissection microscope, Gannon’s photometer, Bell jar and other basic Instruments are available in our Laboratory.
- The first batch studentMs. S. Kalaivani, B.Sc-Botany(Academic year 2011-14 )got the first rank in the BDU examination.
- In the intramural cultural competition conducted by kalapradarhini, Ms. S. Kalaivani (III B. Sc-Botany) won second prize in mime.
- Ms. S. Sharmila has been elected Joint secretary for the student association of our college in the academic year 2014-15.
- Ms. P. Yamuna got Gold medal in swimming competition at the university level (2015-2016).
- Mr. S. Kalaivanan was elected President in Rotract club (2015 – 2016).
- Mr. S.Vignesh received the BEST SPORTS PERSON award for the year 2015-2016.
- Mr. S.Vignesh got first place in Badminton in the year 2015-2016 sports meet.
- Intra department Quiz competition
- Poem and Essay writing
- Debate and Speech competition.
- Academic Surprising events