CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS
Controller of Examinations
Welcome to Office of the Controller of Examinations. Exam Related information / services for all the Students of Srimad Andavan Arts and Science College (Autonomous), Trichirappalli are provided under this category. The Institute, under Bharathidasan University, was granted Autonomous status by UGC and Government of Tamil Nadu with effect from the Academic year 2014-15.
Srimad Andavan Arts and Science College (Autonomous), Trichirappalli became Autonomous in 2014-15 and continues to be affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Trichirappalli. It has been given freedom to frame its own courses of studies and adopt innovative methods of teaching and evaluation. In keeping with its tradition of promoting innovation and growth, the college has introduced the choice based credit system (CBCS) since 2014-2015 with the following objectives in view:
- To enhance the curriculum to meet the current needs of employers and to facilitate job opportunities.
- To develop Entrepreneurial skills that are required for students.
- To enable the students to have their own choice of courses at the basic / advanced level, according to their needs, aspirations and learning capacity.
- To provide opportunities to the students to earn extra credits within the stipulated time.
- To provide online examinations to the students and enable them to face the online interviews.
The CBCS method of evaluation with grading point pictures the academic personality of the students better than the existing method of marks indicated in percentages. Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and Grade point Average (GPA) are the indicators of the academic performance of the students. The students can have parallel mobility in studying Diploma and Certificate courses for their further empowerment with learning flexibility.